TEAM SELECTION PROCESS FOR NATIONALS AND OTHER INTER SOCIETY TOURNAMENTS
- As our GN society grows in numbers, the committee deemed it necessary to design the most equitable and fair process of selecting teams to represent the GN Society at various inter-provincial tournaments and Nationals.
- The following members of Gauteng North Seniors are automatically selected should they apply for team selection before the cut-off date:
- The current President
- The current Captain
- Any Gauteng North member of Mancom
- Current trophy holders of our annual Society competitions
- Any current or past National Champion
- Thereafter, should the number of applicants exceed the allocated team quota, the selection criteria must be used to evaluate and select the team and players on the reserve. The criteria for selection are based on four factors:
- Played in the previous year’s tournament
- Number of games played by each entrant in our fortnightly games.
- Entrant’s performance at the previous year’s tournament (if applicable)
- The player’s eclectic score.
- The above factors are weighted in the above order. In other words, attendance at the previous year’s tournament carries more weight for selection than the entrants’ current eclectic score which in turn carries less weight than his performance at last year’s tournament.
- In case of withdraws, the highest ranked applicant on the reserve is invited to play and is given first choice to accept.
- The committee’s decision will be final and binding.
Committee release/ 16 November 2017- Revised 16 February 2018
Download or print